Below is a calendar of global justice events in Leeds. Click on an event to view its full details, & click ‘more details’ to view it as a standalone page.
Events in red are local events, events in green are national events.
For a larger & more interactive calendar, click here
When: Tuesday 29th April
Who: Contact Sarah Stead on 0113 394 2307 or email@example.com
What: In partnership with Northern Powergrid, Involve Yorkshire & Humber and VONNE have set up this conference to explore key energy issues. The conference will look at the potential of community energy, learn from real experience and consider the barriers that groups often face.
What will we cover?
During this conference, we aim to:
- Acknowledge the typical issues faced while setting up a community energy scheme
- Bring together people and organisations involved in, or wanting to be involved in, community energy solutions
- Promote the potential of community based renewable energy projects
- Share case studies/examples of community energy solutions
- Find out the barriers to delivering such projects
- Consider the contribution of community energy projects to carbon reduction, renewable energy and tackling fuel poverty
- Hold a marketplace of community energy projects, suppliers, companies involved
- Explore the solutions to barriers facing projects
- Make links with resources for projects and communities wanting to set up projects
Who should attend?
People and community organisations interested in setting up an energy solution for their local area, or those who have already done so and want to share their experience.
- The event will be chaired by Gil Chimon, Chair of Involve Yorkshire & Humber
St George’s Centre is a fully accessible venue.
This conference is FREE to attend (although there is a non-attendance charge – see below)
How to book
This event will be repeated in Newcastle on Wednesday 30 April 2014. Register here for the North East event
Terms and conditions
Application for places at Community Energy Solutions in Yorkshire & Humber are subject to availability and the following terms and conditions:
- Delegates who do not turn up on the day and have not sent their apologies at least 7 days before will be charged a fee of £25.
- If the event is oversubscribed we will operate a reserve list.
- Specific requirements related to diet, communication, access or any other issue must be registered at the time of booking. Whilst we will make every effort to satisfy requests, those received after Tuesday 22 April 2014 cannot be guaranteed.
- Northern Powergrid and Involve Yorkshire & Humber will not be liable for any individual costs incurred as a result of the unforeseen cancellation or postponement of the event.
- The advertised programme for the event may change at our discretion and with no prior notice.
Fore more information about the Yorkshire and Humber event, please contact Sarah Stead on 0113 394 2307 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the North East event, please contact Carrie Brookes on 0191 2332000 or email@example.com